We’re going to try a hybrid service for Christmas Eve. The 'plan' is for folks to gather in the church parking lot at 6:30 pm in a large circle (either standing by their cars and/or 'socially distanced'), we'll read Luke 2, light candles and sing “Silent Night.” (This should take about 20 minutes or so.)
The Christmas Eve worship service is at 7:30pm. Those who've signed up to be in the sanctuary, can go inside and listen to music playing in the sanctuary. Those who haven't signed up to be in the sanctuary will have time to get home and join us for the service on Zoom.
The Church building is open for in-person worship for a limited number of people. Pastor Mary and Laura will still be participating from their homes. Rich will be facilitating from his home. Those in the sanctuary will be watching and participating in the church service via Zoom.
Here’s how it will work:
- No more than 25 people can attend worship on Sunday.
- People wishing to attend worship need to either email the church at email@example.com call the church at 215-368-0240 by Saturday at noon. Janet will call or email you to let you know that we have received your reservation.
- The only staff will be three or four ushers.
- Chairs will be marked and ushers will seat families and individuals.
- Sanitizer will be available
- Masks must be worn at all times. This includes children. (Masks will be provided if you don’t have one.
- There will be no nursery, so parents are asked to keep their children in their seats.
- Only the rest rooms in the hallway outside of the sanctuary will be used.
- An usher will monitor those using the restrooms so there is only one person in there at a time. The usher will wipe down the bathroom after each usage.
- There will be no singing during Phase one, only humming.
- There will be no congregating in the church before or after the service.
- Paper bulletins and individual communion cups will be placed on the seats in the sanctuary before the service by the ushers wearing gloves.
- Greeter/usher will be at door to greet people and answer any questions. This usher will also take the temperature of everyone entering the building. That usher will direct people to an usher at the top of the steps who will take family/individual to their seat(s.) People will be seated from front to back in the sanctuary.
- Once seated please do not leave your seat unless you need to use the bathroom.
- Please keep 6 ft. apart at all times.
- If you feel ill, please don’t attend worship at the building, stay home and watch it on Zoom.
2021 Offering Envelopes are available in the church office all through December.
(Please call Janet at (215) 285-6428 before you come.)
Amazon Smiles on Faith Lutheran Church!
Another great fund-raiser for Faith Lutheran Church that will cost you nothing (and help us a whole lot, we hope). Many of you have already heard of Amazon Smile. Whenever you purchase something from Amazon Smile, be sure to have Faith Lutheran Church set up as your charity of choice. The church will then receive a portion of the value of your order at no cost to you.
Christmas is just around the corner so be sure to shop through Amazon Smile – here is a direct link so that the charitable proceeds come to Faith: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1675520.
Please share this information with all your family, friends, colleagues, etc. Don’t shop on line? That’s OK – I’m guessing you have a lot of family and friends that do – so share this info with them. You only need to set it up once, then we’re the lucky recipients whenever that person shops on Amazon.
Faith Adult Forum is studying the Book of Acts of the Apostles. They meet on Zoom at 9:00am on Sundays and are led by Rich Hollenbach. They will meet on December 6, 13 and 20 and then take a break for the holidays. The Zoom link is below. Hope to see you there!
Meeting ID: 983 0228 9027 Passcode: 411055
or dial 1 929 205 6099 and enter Meeting ID and Passcode
“Sunday School” on Wednesdays at 4:30pm for 30 to 45 minutes!
All children are invited to learn more about the Old Testament and join in the Sunday School fun on Wednesday’s. This is what we’ll be learning about in December:
- December 2: Daniel
- December 9: Jonah
- December 16: Isaiah’s Words
We look forward to this new way to share the love of Jesus with so many more families in their homes via zoom!
For more information see, Melissa Prunkel, Education Leader
Sharing Christmas with “J,” “H” and “S” from the Martin Luther School
Especially during these COVID times we wanted to continue our 30-year history of sharing with the children from Martin Luther School in Plymouth Meeting.
It was founded as an orphanage. It now provides a home, treatment, education and other services for boys and girls ages 6 to 14 who have experienced past traumas, including abuse, neglect and poverty. All services are provided in a nurturing environment that promotes recovery, resilience and, where possible, families reunited. Their need is greater than ever before.
It is a beautiful facility and the staff I have dealt with for all these years is so dedicated and great to work with.
Your Social Ministry Team is asking you to support the following children. Because of privacy restrictions, we can no longer have their first name - just their initial.
“S” (boy), age 8: Lego set (dinosaurs or animals,), book about dinosaurs or animals, stuffed dinosaur
“H” (boy) age 9: Basketball, basketball shooting sleeves, remote control car
“J” (girl) age 13: Bath & Body Works lotion & body wash set; art kit, sketch book or drawing paper (non-spiral)
To support this ministry, we are asking that you send your check to either me at 110 Country View Lane, Chalfont, PA 18914 made out to “Faith Lutheran Church” -- or -- send them directly to the church at 615 Cowpath Road, P.O. Box 182, Montgomeryville, PA 18936. Please mark the Memo”\ line as “Martin Lutheran School” (even thought their new name is “Gemma.” Thank you.
Our goal is $150.
Your Christian love for these children through your generosity is most appreciated.
--- In Christ, Sharon Hood