Treasurer’s Report: The year ended with a surplus of $45,516.76. There was one change: The $605 income for Sunday School should be moved to Special Envelopes. The treasurer’s report was approved with the one correction.
President’s Report: I think we can all agree that 2020 was a very trying, sometime troubling year! But through it all with God’ Grace and Blessings we persevered! We learned that even during a pandemic that life goes on. I am sure we are looking forward to a new beginning in 2021!
Pastor’s Report: One rather wonderful thing that happened in December was recruiting one of our Wednesday Sunday School kids, Kyle Fritzinger, to read a lesson on Sunday morning. We had a Zoom practice together and he did a wonderful job reading and was very pleased to do it! I’d like to discuss using some of the other kids like this in worship moving forward.
- I have not yet heard if we received all, or part of, the SEPA Synod the “Forward Together in Faith” grant which I submitted last month for $2,084 to purchase a video camera and lighting for the sanctuary and funds to train more people to use it (funds are slated to be disbursed by the end of January 2021).
- Sadly, Virginia Wilson passed away on January 2, 2021. (She was 98 years old.) Arrangements have been deferred.
- I continue to remain exceedingly cautious about participation in ‘in person’ worship at the building with the recent surge of Corona virus cases across Pennsylvania.
Ministry Team Reports:
- Wednesday “Sunday” school resumed on Jan 6th for kids and has been going longer than the half hour.
- And Adult Forum meets on Sunday at 9am and will start again on Sunday, Jan 10th.
- There was no meeting in December but there is still $1600 available to spend. Gary will get with Doug to review this.
- The AmazonSmile link is https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23- 1675520. Remember to buy your GIANT gift cards.
- See new business below.
- Christmas cards were sent out and they performed visitations to many homebound members. Will be meeting with the team to determine the next plans.
- We can still donate to: Manna on Main Street or Keystone Opportunity Center.
- There is a video on e-giving that Jack will work with Lauren to put a link to this on our website. Will also discuss e-giving at the annual meeting.
- Dale Foster continues to drop off Wawa food Tuesday and Thursdays to people in our congregation and in the community!
- The Christmas Eve Zoom service went well even though we had to cancel the 6:30 in-person worship due to bad weather. We will be continuing with both Zoom and limited in-person worship
- Council approval is needed to hold any event. OLD BUSINESS
- Nothing new on the purchase of a new sign.
New Furnaces Quotes
- The property team received three quotes for work to our heating and air conditioning system. Adam Feldman will put together a proposal to give the options including the costs and financials at the annual meeting. Council requested that the property team get some references and financing details.
- Send an email to the congregation with the slate of new council candidates and ask for any nominations from the floor ahead of the annual meeting so can prepare if a vote is needed.
- The meeting will start at 12 pm on Sunday,1/24/2021 on Zoom
- Will need to take attendance at the beginning of the meeting for both zoom (especially if there are multiple members in a household) and at the church to confirm we have a quorum.
- Include an update from the Call Committee.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7pm with the new 2021 Council.