During this time of physical isolation we don’t have to be socially isolated. We all need to know that our church family is thinking about us and that we are all in this together. And most importantly that God is always in control.
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” Psalm 94:19
Since we are unable to physically go to our church building during this time - stay home, stay healthy - the Social Ministry projects scheduled for the month of May have been postponed. However, it has been brought to the attention of the team that Manna and Keystone Opportunity Center are in great need of monetary donations at this time. Below are links to these two organizations:
- Manna on Main Street: https://mannaonmain.org/give-money/donate-now/
- Keystone Opportunity Center: https://Keystoneopportunity.org
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Annual Church Family Picnic
We’ve REALLY missed being able to see each other face to face so we have decided to have a “Tailgate” Church Picnic on Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 11:30am in the church parking lot.
- After Zoom worship at 9:30am we’ll get in our cars and drive to the church.
- We can park our cars and sit by our trunks - bring lawn chairs if you'd like to sit on those instead of your 'tailgates'
- Everyone would bring their own food ... something simple like hoagies, sandwiches, juice, soda etc. (everyone bring your own garbage bag as well, please.)
- Please bring masks! We obviously can pull them down to eat and, perhaps, to 'talk' ...
- Pastor Mary even has a 'game' we might play if folks are willing to stand "6 ft" apart ... folks would need to bring plastic gloves for this too!
- Any questions, please call Janet at (215) 285-6428.
“The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
Vacation Bible School
Dear Faith families and Friends,
This year has made VBS very interesting. Normally we would have given parts out and would be getting excited to teach the children. This year we question if we will have a VBS? If so, how? In person/ virtual or both?
For me I would love to have a Vacation Bible School. I feel the devil is on our back and we need to teach these children how to have faith and trust in our awesome God! For us to do it we will need lots of help! So, who is in to help do anything to help lead the children in our community?
Our VBS is still the first week of August 3rd to 7th.
If we do a virtual VBS we might need to create boxes to send out to the children. We will need help showing families how to do motions to songs, play games, do storytelling, having an into and an ending, going over Bible verses, and more.
If you feel led, please email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org I can set up ways in which you can help.
Thank you, Melissa Prunkel
“Then He placed His right hand on me and said: Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.” Revelation 1:17