Treasurer’s Report: With year to date income at $119,437.69 (78%) and operating expenses at $76,001.33 (50%) we have a $43,436.36 surplus. Expenses were lower in September and $732.11 to the positive for the month. Pledges are on track at 73% but unpledged continues to lag at 43%. The treasurer’s report was approved as written.
Pastor’s Report: After conferring with her doctor, Pastor Mary has decided to not attend in-person worship at this time due to her risk factors and the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the area. She has attended several virtual committee meetings and helped launched the Wednesday afternoon Sunday School that has been going well. She would also like to think of some ideas to help make upcoming events such as our Christmas Eve service more memorable yet still maintaining safety protocols. She’ll start with the Worship & Music team but is open to input from other teams. Pastor is looking into a grant from the Synod for A/V equipment so we can enhance our Zoom from the Sanctuary.
Ministry Team Reports:
· “Sunday” School continues to meet on Wednesdays at 4:30pm via Zoom. Nancy Gansner, Gail Achilles and Pastor Mary are teaching. We are hoping to have more students join in the future.
- See Finance meeting notes in new business.
- Linda Kratz has set up the AmazonSmile account. Amazon Prime day is October 13 and 14. We will publicize in the bulletin and via email. Information will also be added to our website and Facebook page.
- Remember to buy your GIANT gift cards!
- Their budget is under Social Ministry for 2021 preliminary budget.
- We can still donate to: Manna on Main Street or Keystone Opportunity Center.
- Jack Walls sent out a letter to the congregation “New Opportunity to help our church remain strong” and did a Temple Talk before the Zoom Worship Service in September. We had one new person sign up. Pastor Mary has some ideas for Stewardship such as Alternative Gifts so will get Jack to discuss in preparation for sending out the preliminary budget to the congregation.
- Dale Foster is still dropping off food to people in our congregation and community!
Worship & Music:
- “Sharing the Peace” was moved from the beginning of the service to after the Prayers of Intercession in the service. Working on Advent & Christmas planning to try some new things to change up our virtual services.
- Gail Achilles has accepted a position on Mutual Ministry. Still waiting for a decision from another person. The team needs to meet with the staff and provide input to the preliminary budget.
Hospitality and Fellowship:
- We are hosting a drive-in/sit-in movie night in our church parking lot on Friday, October 9that 6:30pm. We will be watching “Hocus Pocus,” weather permitting. Need to add this to our Facebook page to advertise. There will be another movie night on Friday, October 30th, watching “Spookley, the Square Pumpkin.”
- Armed Intruder information–Postponed until we are back in the church. Will drop from the agenda until we can safely reschedule.
- Update on constitution.Pastor Mary has identified the Synod contact and will work with them on our updated constitution.
- Proposed Acceptable Computer Use Policy -Rich Hollenbach and Jack to discuss PCI Compliant language.
- Financial update: A letter will be sent to communicate the status to the congregation. Pastor Mary and Gary will put it together in October.
- Financial update -
- Commitment Sunday is tentatively scheduled for November 8, 2020.
- Mutual Ministry will meet with each staff member and give the salary recommendations for the preliminary budget.
- Korean congregation rent money for 2021 budget - as we don’t know when the church will reopen, decided to leave this as it has been going into the general fund. We will revisit after the church opens and the Korean congregation resumes.
- 2021 Budget - Mutual Ministry will provide staff member salary recommendations and Pastor Mary will review the Pastoral compensation numbers and will add details for both a part-time and full-time pastor. All members voted in favor of approving the 2021 preliminary budget (except the salary/compensation numbers.)
- Opening the Church update -
- Pastor Mary will not be attending in person but there is some interest in still connecting into the Zoom session from the church sanctuary and may be an option for those who may not have Internet access at home.
- Council proposed that we do another survey to the congregation with this updated information to see who is still interested in attending in person.
- A proposal was to have a dedicated prayer time in the sanctuary at another time other than Sunday morning. Would need to follow the same restrictions on worship. Will be added to the survey to see if there is interest.
- Meetings: No food or drinks, temperature taken, answer questions. All members voted in favor of meeting with the additions noted above.
- Worship: Council agreed that more investigation needs to be done including the above survey so asked the task force to follow up in November so we will not open for worship on November 1stat this time.
- Letter from Edna Boehmler’s estate: We will be receiving a monetary donation from Edna Boehmler’s estate.